Popcorn and butter go hand in hand, but we all know that feeling after leaving a movie theater when all you want to do is go into a buttery-slumber. When I'm on a health-grind, the last thing I'm going to dip into is buttery, caloric popcorn, but I'll be the first to reach for the air-popped or homemade variety. I didn't really think about getting the best of both worlds, however, and was stoked with Nuvita gave me that option! Their Red Palm Oil is all natural, non-GMO, organic, and vegan and also has a delicious buttery taste that throws shade at the movie theater popcorn. Here's a simple little recipe I used to make some delicious, still very healthy popcorn.
NUTIVA ORGANIC BUTTERY RED PALM OIL POPCORN
- 1 c. Non-GMO popcorn, unpopped
- ½ c. Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil
- Measure out both ingredients.
- In a large stove-top pan, melt the Nutiva Organic Buttery Coconut Oil over low to low-to-medium heat.
- Add the unpopped popcorn, and cover with a lid.
- Once the kernels begin filling the pan, remove the lid.
- When popping slows to about one kernel per 1-2 seconds, turn off heat, remove and enjoy!
Check out their article on the recipe here!